This marshmallow ghost painting craft for kids is the perfect cute but spooky Halloween craft for kids.
This simple painted ghost craft uses large marshmallows as ghost stamps. You add on fun faces after stamping and you have the cutest Halloween craft decoration for kids.
For this stamping ghost craft, you will need a large marshmallow, black construction paper, a popsicle stick, white paint, and scissors or googly eyes to make the faces.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Tips for Making Ghost Paintings with Marshmallows
*When making this fun and easy ghost craft you will need to create the marshmallow stamps. To do this you will need to push a popsicle stick into a large marshmallow. If you push it in too far it will come out the other side and create a hole. Then the stamp will not stamp correctly. Push it far enough in but not all the way through.
*When finished stamping with white paint you can create the ghost faces one of three ways:
- Let them dry and draw them on with a Sharpie
- Cut out black construction paper eyes and mouths and put them on top while the paint is still wet so they stick
- Add construction paper faces to the ghosts with a glue stick once the paint has dried
- Once the paint is dry stick or glue on googly eyes (by far the cutest way in my opinion)
*The ghosts will show up best on black construction paper but other colors work great for a variation as well.
Marshmallow Ghost Painting Craft
- Black construction paper (or other colors)
- White acrylic paint
- Large marshmallows
- paper plate
- Black marker or googly eyes
1. Pour paint out on a paper plate and create your ghost stamp by putting a popsicle stick through the middle of a marshmallow.
2. Dip your marshmallow in the paint and push it down onto your paper. Repeat this until your paper is as full of ghost bodies as you desire.
3. Let dry and draw on ghost faces with a Sharpie marker or stick or glue on googly eyes.