1. Print out the free apple taste test PDF template attached to the bottom of the page on white paper and write name at the top.
2. Have children predict/guess which color apple they will like best. Have them find a matching crayon that color and color in the left side of the apple of their sheet with their prediction.
3. Older children can sound out and write the color word on their line. Younger children can copy the color word name onto the line or dictate and have an adult write it for them.
4. Hand out one piece of red apple to children and have them try it. Have them describe it (juicy, sweet, sour, tart, crunchy, etc…) and think about whether they like it or not.
5. Repeat the process with the yellow and green apples.
6. Have children decide which apple color they like best and color the right half of their apple that color. Have children write the color word (or dictate you and write) on the line under the right side of the apple.
7. Talk about their predictions. Were they right? Surprised? Did they like the same or different than brothers and sisters, classmates, parents, or others who tried apples with them.
8. If desired, eat remaining apples.