This adorable candy corn craft for preschoolers, kindergartners, and more is the perfect Fall craft to use as a decoration around the home or for kids to play and pretend with.
This fun candy corn man craft turns a tissue paper piece of candy corn into an adorable little candy corn man. Just make your base, add accordion arms, legs, and googly eyes and you have a sweet harvest themed craft.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Candy Corn Craft Tips for Success
*To make these fun candy corn men you will need to start with a triangular piece of paper for the base. Cut out your triangle and round the corners to make it look like a piece of candy corn.
*For tissue paper projects you will need to cut out tissue paper squares. The best size for these is roughly 1″ by 1″. Stack pieces of tissue paper on top of each other or fold the tissue paper into pieces and cut through them all at the same time. This will help you cut more out faster.
*You will need to cut out yellow, orange, and white tissue paper squares. Kids can help with this for easy fine motor practice. For younger kids cut the tissue paper into strips and have them cut it into squares from here.
*A glue bottle will work best for this project instead of a glue stick. The folded up tissue paper will stick better to the liquid glue.
*Let the candy corn base dry completely before adding the details for the candy corn man onto it.
Tissue Paper Candy Corn Craft
- White, orange, and black construction paper
- White, orange, and yellow tissue paper
- Glue bottle
- Googly eyes
1. Draw a large triangle shape on white construction paper and cut it out. Round off all of the corners to make it look like a candy corn piece.
2. Draw two lines on your triangle shape to make the three layers of the piece of candy corn.
3. Cut out squares that are roughly 1″ large from yellow, orange, and white tissue paper. You will need a lot of these.
4. Starting on the bottom sections of your candy corn base dot or draw glue all over the bottom until mostly covered like in the photo below.
5. Crumple up small pieces of yellow tissue paper and stick to each dot or line of glue. Fill the whole bottom section in with yellow.
6. Continue the process with the orange tissue paper squares in the middle section and white tissue paper squares in the top section until your candy corn base is completely full and colorful.
7. Let project dry completely.
8. Accordian fold two 6′ orange or black construction paper strip pieces of paper. Glue these to the side of the candy corn base for the arms.
9. Accordian fold two 10″ orange or black construction paper strip pieces of paper and glue them to the bottom of the candy corn base for the legs.
10. Glue on two googly eyes to the top white section.
11. Add a smile if desired with black construction paper. Let dry and play!