This Grinch Christmas wreath for kids is the perfect “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” themed craft to do over the Holiday season. It is a great Grinch craft for preschool, kindergarten, and more.
For this Grinch-themed Christmas wreath, you will need a paper plate, green acrylic paint, construction paper in various colors and a marker or pen. It is a simple craft and can be made quickly so it works great as part of a Grinch themed Christmas party or in a classroom for a Holiday themed activity.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Complete this craft after reading “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss or after watching the classic Christmas movie. We love all things Grinch and always pair this craft with a Grinch movie night at home involving Grinch themed snacks and fun pajamas.
Tips for Success
*Get the wreath outline ready ahead of time by cutting the middle out of the paper plate. The cutout circle should be around 3″ in diameter.
*The best paper plates for these projects are the standard paper plates that are not shiny material. The shiny ones tend to not work as well for projects where you paint, draw, or color on the plate.
*This DIY Grinch Wreath also makes an awesome Grinch Christmas ornament. Simply cut out a hole, add string, and hang from the Christmas tree.
*You can choose to either paint on the eyes or cut them out of construction paper and glue them on.
*The heart can also be made out of red construction paper or glitter glue if desired. We used red construction paper but sprinkled silver glitter on the top to make it stand out more.
Grinch Christmas Wreath Craft for Kids
- Paper plate
- Acrylic paint
- Construction paper
- Silver or red glitter
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
1. Cut the inside out of the paper plate.
2. Paint the back side of the paper plate with green paint. Cover it completely.
3. Cut out and glue a small red heart on the bottom of the plate.
4. Add silver or red glitter to the top of the heart.
5. Cut out yellow and black eyes from construction paper and glue them to the top of the wreath. Draw on any additional details such as eyebrows or insides of the eyes.
6. Using a hole punch, punch out a hole in between the eyes near the top of the wreath.
7. Add a piece of string to hang the wreath with. Yellow, black, or green will look best.
For other fun Christmas activities for kids be sure to also check out these fun paper Christmas character activities.