Gluten and dairy free fruit pizza is the perfect summer or spring dessert for a party or gathering. It makes a great Easter dessert, summer barbeque dessert, or Mother’s or Father’s day treat. It is approved by the pickiest of eaters and always looks beautiful (*even if the youngest of cooks helps to decorate it!).
You start this tasty treat by making a sugar cookie crust. You can make this gluten-free if needed or simply whip up a batch of normal sugar cookie dough. Below is our favorite recipe for gluten-free sugar cookie dough that we adapted from allrecipes by swapping out our favorite gluten and dairy-free products.
I’ve also made this with a package of “Sweet Loren’s” sugar cookie dough. This makes it even easier and less time-consuming but equally delicious!
If you’re looking for other tasty gluten and dairy-free spring or summer desserts be sure to also check out this fresh strawberry fruit crisp.
Tips for success:
*Any gluten-free 1-1 flour blend with xanthan gum works best for this recipe. If you choose to use one without xanthan gum be sure to add 1 tsp of xanthan gum to your recipe when cooking to get cookies the correct texture.
*To make these cookies dairy-free I like to use the Country Crock plant butter with olive oil. You can also use any other dairy free butter sticks.
*You can choose which fresh fruits you’d like on your fruit pizza based on what is in season, what color you’d like your fruit pizza, or what design you want to make on it if any. I love to make this with all different sorts of fruit but you can also choose just one if desired as well.
*When making fruit pizza the fruits that I prefer and find work best include but aren’t limited to: strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes (red or green), kiwi, and mandarin oranges.
Gluten and Dairy Free Fruit Pizza
30 total minutes
1 Fruit Pizza – 12 Servings
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Dough
- 2 3/4 cup 1-1 gluten free flour of choice (I used King Arthur brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup dairy-free butter (I like to use Country crock plant butter)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
Fruit Pizza Topping
- 1 8 oz container dairy-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set to the side.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend together.
- Add the cookie dough crust onto a standard size pizza pan and push down until cookie dough reaches all the sides. *If hands get too sticky cover them in a little dairy-free butter or oil to do this.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until the crust is golden brown and baked through.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together the softened dairy-free cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Spread mixture on the fruit pizza crust.
- Wash, cut, and prep the desired fruits. Some of our favorites to use include blackberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, and grapes. Add the fruit to the top of the dairy-free cream cheese mixture in any pattern or design desired.
- Slice or cut fruit pizza with a pizza cutter in triangles or squares and serve.
This is such a genius idea! Why did I not think about this before? My kids love fruits but for some reason, do not like pizza. This is simple enough and I can even have them help me with the preparation. Can’t wait to try!
Thank you so much! We love fruit pizza at our house. One of our favorites and definitely a kid pleaser!
I love fruit pizza! So excited to find a gluten and dairy free version!!
Thank you so much! Yes, it is one of our favorite treats!
This sounds delicious! And a lovely dessert to share with family and friends. Will give it a try.
Thank you! I hope you all enjoy it!
Just bookmarked this to try later. Been looking for an easy-to-follow recipe a while.
Thanks so much! I hope you like it!
This looks yummy! Nice touch making it look like an Easter egg 😉
Thanks! Yes, it makes the best Easter egg treat!
I’ve never had fruit pizza but it looks like a delicious recipe to try! Thanks
It is a favorite at our house for sure! I hope you enjoy it!