These Clifford paper bag puppets are the cutest craft and go great with a good Clifford book. They are the perfect Clifford the big red dog craft for preschool, kindergarten, and more.
These Clifford crafts use only brown paper lunch bags, scissors, glue sticks, and construction paper. You can create this fun puppet craft and kids can spend time playing with and pretending to be Clifford long after they are finished making the craft.
These Clifford crafts are the perfect craft to make after reading a Clifford book or can even be followed up by watching an episode of the show on PBS kids. They make an awesome literacy connection activity for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and more.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
These adorable Clifford paper bag puppets go perfectly with the classic Clifford storybooks. For some other classic storybook activities and crafts be sure also to check out these Hungry Caterpillar activities or this If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Sensory bin.
Tips for Success
*Brown paper lunch bags work best for this craft. You can also use the white paper lunch bags, but the pieces’ sizing may be a little different.
*You will need red construction paper, black construction paper, and a black marker for the details of this craft.
*These make a great craft for Clifford imaginary play. Begin by reading a Clifford story, watch the show, and then make this craft. Then little ones can play and pretend with their Clifford puppet crafts.
*If making this craft with younger children you can prep the pieces ahead of time by drawing and cutting them out for them. Older children may be able to cut the pieces out themselves.
Clifford the Big Red Dog Craft
- Brown Paper Lunch Bags
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
1. Cut out a large red rectangle for the body and glue it to the base of the paper lunch bag. Cut out a smaller black rectangle for Clifford’s collar and glue underneath the bottom of the bag on top of the red rectangle body.
2. Cut out a large square with rounded corners and glue to the bottom of the bag to make Clifford’s head.
3. Trace and cut out your child’s feet and glue to each of the sides of the head to make the ears.
4. Cut out a traingle with rounded corners from black construction paper and glue it to the inside of the head.
5. Cut out two large white circles and two smaller black circle. Glue them together and glue them down above the nose to make the eyes.
6. Cut out three small pieces of black pipe cleaner and glue or tape them to the top of clifford’s head for his hair.
7. Draw on a mouth and eyebrows.
8. Play with your finished Clifford puppet.