This Christmas tree craft for kids is a simple holiday craft that can be made using a few materials. It is the perfect Christmas craft for toddlers all the way up through grade school-age children.
Once completed you can string your child’s Christmas Tree craft up with fishing line, string, or yarn, and hang it in a desired spot around the house. They make the perfect hanging Christmas decoration and children will love having their work on display.
For this tree craft, you will need a paper plate, green paint, scissors, and dot markers. You can also decorate with markers, glitter glue, stickers, and more if desired.
For ideas for additional holiday traditions to complete with kids be sure to check out this post as well. It includes great Christmas gift ideas for parents as well as traditions you can do together. You can also find fun Christmas Character crafts for kids here.
I would also recommend using dot markers for the ornaments on this project. They make the ornaments a lot easier to add on for the younger kids (even my 1-year-old had fun playing with these). If you haven’t heard of these before or don’t have any check out our favorites below.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
When creating this Christmas tree craft you will need to make sure your child paints both sides of the paper plate with green paint. They will also need to decorate both sides of the plate with ornaments and other miscellaneous decorations. This will ensure that when the Christmas tree is hanging up you won’t see any blank space.
Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
- Paper plate in desired size
- Green acrylic paint
- Dot markers
- Glitter glue, markers, stickers (optional)
- Using green acrylic paint, completely cover one side of the paper plate and let dry.
- Cover the other side of the plate in green acrylic paint and let dry.
- Using dot markers in all sorts of colors, add dots all over the painted plate to look like ornaments. Make sure to have children spread the dots all around. Complete this process on both sides of the plate.
- Starting on an outside edge of the plate spiral cut all the way to the center of the plate.
- (Optional step) Using glitter glue, markers, and stickers, decorate the tree any additional way as desired. Let dry.
- Pull up the plate from the center cut to create a tree shape. Add a small hole to the center and tie a string through the hole to hang up.
- Add a star sticker (optional) near where the string is hanging to make the star on top of the tree.