These peanut butter blossom cookies are so delicious you won’t even realize that they don’t have gluten or dairy in them! The dough is made with creamy peanut butter and a gluten-free flour blend of choice. Then they’re rolled in sugar, cooked to perfection, and filled with a dairy-free chocolate filling.
Most of our favorite treats around our house involve peanut butter and chocolate. I am always trying to come up with ways to replicate our favorite treats without gluten and dairy. After making a few different batches I think I’ve finally perfected these. They are so good and taste almost identical to the original peanut butter blossoms. The best part is that they are filled with melted dairy-free chocolate chips which we always have on hand. That way we can make them again and again!
Tips for success:
*Any gluten-free flour blend with xanthan gum already in it works perfectly for these cookies. Our favorite is Bob Red Mill’s Gluten-Free Flour but we’ve also used King Arthur and it works great too!
*To make these cookies dairy-free we use country crock plant butter sticks when cooking them. You are also able to use any non-dairy butter sticks and they should turn out just the same.
*When rolling the cookies in sugar I usually use granulated sugar. However, you can also roll them in any colored sugar/sprinkles to give the cookies some color. The colored sugar helps give them a little decoration for the holidays, a birthday party, or any other special event!
Gluten and Dairy Free Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
15 total minutes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar + extra for rolling cookies in
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter (I use country crock plant butter)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour (Bob’s Red Mill is our favorite)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and dairy-free butter together in a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add in egg and mix on medium speed until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, and baking powder and stir together.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients stirring slowly until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 in balls and roll each ball in additional graduated sugar. Place balls onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven 8-10 minutes or until the cookies start to turn golden brown.
- While cookies are baking prepare the chocolate filling by melting the dairy-free chocolate chips and 1 tbsp peanut butter in the microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring after each increment until chocolate is smooth.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for only a minute or two.
- Using a small spoon or fingertip if cookies are cool enough, push down lightly in the center of the cookies to make an indent.
- Spoon chocolate filling into each cookie indent to fill it up.
- Let the chocolate on the cookies harden on the counter for 30 minutes.
*If you’re looking for more gluten and dairy-free chocolate peanut butter sweets be sure to also check out my chocolate peanut butter cereals bars!
Oh yum! This sounds delicious! I may be trying this for a special Valentines treat!
Thanks Kristen. I hope you like them as much as we do!
These look delicious! I love that they’re gluten free!
Thanks so much Rachel!
These look delicious! I’m always looking for gf/df treats.
Thanks Lisa, they definitely are! I focus on gf/df recipes (sweet treats are my favorite to make) on my blog because my husband is gf/df. If you need any additional recipes feel free to subscribe to my blog or check some of the other ones out!
These sound so good! I am always trying to find dairy and gluten free recipes and don’t have much luck. I’m definitely going to have to try these.
Thanks Kayla! These are some of our favorites! I focus on gluten and dairy-free recipes on my blog because my husband is gluten and dairy-free. If you need any additional recipes feel free to subscribe to my blog or check some of the other ones out!
These cookies look so tasty. My family loves peanut butter and dark chocolate for sweet treats. Would love to try these. Do you have an idea with what I could replace the egg with? Thanks
Thanks so much! You could try making them with a flax egg instead. To do this mix 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water and let sit for 5 minutes. Then add to the recipe instead of the egg. I haven’t tried it with this particular recipe but have tried it with many of my baked goods when I run low on eggs. If you try it let me know how it turns out!