Are you looking for the perfect quick and easy DIY Valentine’s Day cards? These glasses straw Valentines cards for kids are so simple to throw together in a bind and make the most fun gift for kids of all ages.
My favorite part about these is that the straw glasses can be purchased from Amazon so you don’t even need to leave your house to make them. Simply order the glasses on Amazon, print and cut out your template of choice, have your child write their name in the from spot, and string or staple them together.
The glasses are super engaging and fun for little ones and will keep them occupied trying to watch the liquid going through them as they drink. They are such a fun item and will be a favorite Valentine among classmates!
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Four different options for Valentine’s day cards to go with silly straw glasses like these ones are included in the template at the bottom. These templates could also go great with normal sunglasses or fun silly straws as well. Feel free to print and use these templates as you choose.
Tips for success
*When printing these cards out we found that a plain white cardstock worked well and held up the best. You can print them in draft style for a card that will still look great and uses less printer ink.
*For the larger of the cards we printed, folded in half, and stapled over a sandwich-sized plastic bag filled with a pair of glasses. For the smaller heart-shaped cards, we found it worked best to punch holes and tie them together with string.
Ziploc Bagged Glasses Straw Valentines Cards Directions:
1. Print template on white cardstock (2 Valentine cards will print on each page you print out).
2. Cut out Valentine’s template by cutting on the solid black lines (do not cut on the dotted lines).
3. Fold each cut-out template in half by folding it on the dotted line.
4. Insert each pair of glasses in a sandwich-size Ziploc bag and zip.
5. Insert zipped plastic bag in the inside of the two folds and staple shut on each side.
6. Write from: and your child’s name on the back if desired.
Heart Shaped Glasses Straw Valentines Cards Directions:
1. Print template on white cardstock (3 Valentine cards will print on each page you print out).
2. Cut out Valentine’s template by cutting around each heart shape.
3. Have your child write their name in the from spot.
4. Stack your glasses (in the bag they came in) and the heart shaped card. Poke or cut a hole on each side of the top of the heart so that the holes go through the bag underneath as well.
5. Tie a string of choice in a bow through stacked baggies to connect the card to the bag and tie a knot or bow.
To purchase the straw glasses from Amazon that we used for these Valentine’s cards you can click here. They come in packs of 8 and are multi-colored.
For a fun treat to bring in for a Valentine’s Day party or to make and eat at home for Valentine’s day check out these Valentine’s day themed gluten and dairy-free sugar cookies.
these are too cute, I think this will have to be the craft the the kiddos and I next week! Also love the pun on the packaging!
Thanks so much. I hope you enjoy making (and playing with) them!
I love this idea!! Thank you!
Thank you so much!