This DIY St. Patrick’s Day play dough tray is easy to throw together, inexpensive, and a perfect sensory experience to help children learn and grow. It is a great play dough tray for children of all ages and keeps children occupied for long amounts of time.
For this play dough tray you will need play dough (we love to use homemade play dough), miscellaneous rainbow pieces, gold coins (you can either make or purchase these), and more.
Children can use this fun rainbow play dough tray to make St. Patrick’s day monsters, rainbows, shamrocks, or just play and explore in whichever way they choose.
For more fun St. Patrick’s day themed play and crafts be sure to also check out these stained glass shamrock crafts.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Playdough kits also make great gifts for little ones. You can make your own St. Patrick’s Day play dough kit using the directions and material listed below and package it up in one of these plastic divided cases. Then you can gift one of these play dough sets to friends, relatives, or even just a fun themed gift for the holiday.
Where can I find Materials for a DIY Play Dough Kit?
There are so many options out there for fun and inexpensive items to add to this play dough kit or any other themed kits. Some of my favorite places to go and find things include Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Target dollar spot, and even Amazon.
Sometimes we just use miscellaneous craft-themed pieces (beads, pipe cleaners, paper scraps, pom poms, buttons, googly eyes, etc) and construction paper, other times I will purchase themed erasers, picks, confetti, and more.
DIY St. Patrick’s Day Play Dough Tray
- Play dough (homemade or store-bought both work great)
- Miscellaneous loose parts in rainbow colors similar to:
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- gold coins
- rainbow popsicle sticks
- pom poms
- Gold coins
- Playdough tools
- Cookie cutters
- Make homemade play dough in all green OR rainbow colors (or purchase if preferred.) Find our favorite play dough recipe here.
- Prepare miscellaneous loose parts if necessary. Cut them to smaller sizes (like the pipe cleaners) if needed.
- Arrange playdough, miscellaneous parts, cookie cutters, and dough tools on a tray or in a plastic container.
- Give to children and let them explore and play. They can create monsters, rainbows, or anything else that their hearts desire.
I am going to do this with my kiddos this year. I came here to find Valentine’s crafts (which I love) but the green playdough will be so fun too!
So glad you were able to find some fun things to do with your kids! I hope they enjoy them!