1. Cut a large heart out of the white cardstock that will fit on the top half of the black construction paper. If you have a toddler (or just wanted to do the project) and plan on leaving out the writing prompt you can make your heart the size of the whole cardstock piece if desired.
2. Mix together your puffy paint by adding 1 part liquid glue to 1 part shaving cream. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring and mix together. Do this twice to create blue and green paint.
3. Paint blue puffy paint over the whole cardstock heart.
4. Paint 4-7 green puffy paint spots on top of the blue to create the land on the Earth. Let dry completely (This may take a few hours).
5. Print out the template PDF at the bottom of the post.
6. Have your child dictate an answer or sound out and write an answer to the writing prompt: “What can you do to show the Earth love?”
7. Cut out the half sheet writing prompt and glue it to the black construction paper leaving a small amount of room on both the bottom and sides.
8. Glue your dry Earth heart to the top of the page.
*Steps 5-7 are optional as you can also do the craft without them.