These delicious and juicy grilled barbeque chicken thighs are the perfect meal to grill up on those hot summer days. They are bursting with flavor and super simple!
During the summer my family LOVES to grill. We grill everything from burgers and steaks to chicken and shrimp. We love to do grill baskets, kabobs, and just cook right on the grate. This is one of our favorite meals to grill as you can’t go wrong with flavorful chicken thighs.
Grill them up and serve them plain or add a little extra by smothering them in your favorite store-bought or homemade barbeque sauce. Serve them up with a side of rice and a summer salad and you have the perfect meal!
Start by making the chicken rub by combining the paprika, cumin, dill, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, and brown sugar in a bowl. Drizzle half of the olive oil on top of the chicken breasts and cover with half of the chicken rub. Flip the chicken thighs over and do the same process with the other side.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the chicken thighs on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes. Then flip the chicken and cook for 5 more minutes and until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
This chicken is delicious on its own but if desired you can brush on your favorite barbeque sauce of choice here and grill for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve.
Tender Grilled Barbeque Chicken Thighs (Gluten and Dairy Free)
10 total minutes
- 8 boneless chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Barbeque Sauce of Choice (optional)
- Trim the fat off of the chicken thighs and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the paprika, cumin, dill, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, oregano, pepper, and brown sugar. Stir all of the spices together.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over top of the chicken thighs. Rub ½ of the combined seasoning rub all over the tops of the chicken thighs. Flip the chicken thighs over and repeat the process on the other side with the remaining olive oil and seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Add the chicken thighs to the preheated grill.
- Cook the chicken thighs for 5-7 minutes. Then flip the chicken thighs over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- If desired brush on your favorite barbeque sauce and grill for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve with a side of rice and a summer salad or your favorite sides.
*These grilled barbeque chicken thighs are delicious and easily grilled up on a warm summer day. If you are like me and don’t want anything to do with grilling during the snowy cold winters be sure to check out these delicious Brown Sugar Teriyaki Chicken Wings that can be made in the oven!
This such an easy recipe to pack lots of flavor into grilled chicken! I love it!
Thanks so much Laura! Yes, so much flavor!