This paper plate purse craft is super simple and can be made to go with any theme of learning or play. It makes an excellent craft for imaginative play and includes directions to make a purse that actually works.
For this craft, you will need paint, a paper plate, scissors, staples, and a ribbon or string. You can decorate your purse in any way desired, using optional items like glitter, glitter glue, foam stickers, stickers, crayons, markers, and more.
Because this craft is a semi-circle shape, it makes the perfect watermelon craft for kids. Other ideas for decorating your purse craft would be tye-dye, stars and stripes, a favorite color, and more.
Tips for success
*Paint your paper plate and be sure to leave ample time ahead of time for your plate to dry before putting it together as a purse.
*You can choose to either use a hole punch and tie on your string once your purse is complete or use tape to tape it on. The tape will be the easier route but may not stay together as well.
Paper Plate Purse Craft for Kids
1. Draw a line down the middle of the paper plate to separate the two sides.
2. Decorate the back of the paper plate as desired (if creating a watermelon purse decorate the outer lip of the plate green, the inside red, and wait until it is dry to add black paint spots for seeds).
3. Let paint dry and cut down the middle of the paper plate so there are two halves.
4. Flip the painted sides to the outsides and push the bottom lip of the plate together so there is room on the inside. Staple all around the bottom lip to staple the two sides of the purse together.
5. Tape a large piece of string to the inside of each side of the completed purse shape for the handle.
6. Fill with items of choice and enjoy your pretend purse craft.
For other fun paper plate crafts for kids be sure to check out this paper plate dinosaur craft or this paper plate unicorn craft.