This Halloween scavenger hunt is a fun Halloween activity to do on a rainy day or in the days leading up to Halloween. It is fun for all ages and the clues are hidden in places in most homes.
Scroll down for this free Halloween scavenger hunt Printable. The Halloween Hunt PDF document includes 10 different clues in two different sizes that can be placed around the house in special spots for little ones to find.
The Halloween Hunt clues include fun rhyming phrases and riddles that tell where the next clues are hidden. At the end of the hunt, you can include some sort of prize, treat, or Halloween candy if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate and a member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small compensation from qualifying purchases. All opinions and recommendations are my own.
Fun Halloween Scavenger Hunt Set-Up
*Make sure to set this scavenger hunt up ahead of time by putting the clues in the correct place. You can put the first clue in a book you are planning to read, at the child’s spot at the kitchen table, or simply bring it out. See the below list for where to put the clues after this:
1. Where you keep tennis shoes
2. Under the sheets in bed
3. Where you keep winter hats or baseball hats
4. Behind a door or choice
5. By a computer speaker, tv speaker, etc…
6. Where you keep blocks
7. By the toothbrushes or hairbrushes
8. By the crayons, markers, paper, and art supplies
9. Inside the dryer or a laundry bin. You can tape this one to the prize and put a prize here.
*When setting up this Halloween scavenger hunt we would recommend putting together a small prize bag or treat for little ones.
Some ideas for a fun surprise at the end of the hunt include Halloween candy, Halloween themed books, popper toys, Halloween Coloring pages (great for a low budget scavenger hunt!), stickers, spider rings, witch finger pointers (great for practicing 1-1 correspondence for reading as well). or other miscellaneous Halloween themed trinkets.
For another fun, Halloween themed activity to do with kids be sure to also check out these tape-resist pumpkins. They are a great alternative to carving pumpkins.
Halloween Scavenger Hunt – Free Halloween Printable
- Halloween themed prize or candy
- Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt PDF
- Print and Cut out the Halloween Scavenger Hunt Pieces.
- Place them in the correct spots around the home (see above list for where to place them).
- Place a Halloween themed prize and the end clue card in the dryer.
- Lead your children through the clues and help them find the prize (or have them do it independently if older).
What a fun idea! My kids have always loved scavenger hunts. This is a great resource. Thank you.
Thank you so much. I hope they enjoy it!